Comments Policy for Au Pair Mom
1. Please comment! Share your advice, your questions, and your experience.
2. Seek First to Understand.
Jump in after you’ve read carefully, after you’ve made an attempt to see the various points of view already shared.
3. Be thoughtful not only in what you say, but in how you say it.
Consider: Would you like your children, your spouse/partner, and/or your AP to hear you say this, in the way that you are saying it? Be fair, be accurate, be willing to listen.
4. Respect the privacy of your AP, your family, your LCC, and other Host Parents.
No need to share full names, real names, locations, or other details that might be better off kept private. Feel free to use a ‘nom de Mom ‘ or “designation du Dad” (aka nickname)– just be consistent so that we know each time that it’s ‘you’.
5. Keep in mind that the comments you make here become part of the blog.
By commenting here, you are contributing your insights to the AuPairMom community. Other readers and commenters may may refer to your comments in later posts and I might excerpt from your comments to craft a new post or to summarize insights. If I ever refer to your comments I will do my very best (memory & search function permitting) to credit you. And, your anonymity with be preserved if you’ve used a pseudonym (i.e., I won’t use your name or publish your email). The blog is now officially copyrighted, in an effort to protect your insights from being used elsewhere, without your (and my) explicit consent.
6. Contact the head Host Mom directly if you have any concerns or questions about comments. email@example.com
Commenters are asked to enter their email addresses when they comment. This way I can get in touch with you if I have questions about your issue or comment, and I can let you know if you are using a nom de mom that belongs to another commenter. Your email address will not be shared or sold by AuPairMom.
Comments and/or commenters will be pended for approval or blocked:
- When comments deviate from these general principles,
- When comments or a commenter are simply unkind,
- When comments or a commenter aim to sell or advertise products, websites, and activities that aren’t pre-approved by AuPairMom, and where the nature of the sale or advertisement is not completely clear,
- When a comment is factually wrong or emotionally charged in a negative way,
- When a commenter requests that her or his comment be deleted,
- When a community member asks for a conversation to be monitored actively,
- When a commenter behaves offline in an unkind way towards the AuPairMom community.
I reserve the right to block any comment or commenter that, in my opinion, is not contributing to the conversation in a positive way.