Looking over the many posts about getting started with an au pair, I made an interesting discovery: We have no posts with actual, recommended schedules.
We have one really solid post from 2008 (!) where I list 5 strategies for orienting your au pair in the first week:
1. Start with the typical day’s tasks.
2. Start with the most common tasks she’s responsible for.
3. Start with the easiest tasks she’s responsible for.
4. Start with safety basics.
5. Just have her follow you around.
I think this is still a really sensible post with useful information and a good attitude (if I do say so myself ;-). But still, for parents and au pairs looking for a plan to follow — nada.
FirstTimeHostMomSC emailed to ask for such an example — and since I came up empty handed, I’m turning to you:
Who has some to share?
You could paste them into the comments, or if you prefer, add them to this google document.
Either way, we can look at them in real time and when enough examples come in, we can put them together in a booklet that organizes them by strategy or focus…