An “I need advice right away” post from West Coast Mom:
Dear Host Moms,
Have any of you rematched near the end of your year? We are considering sending the current AP home, after an alarming call from another Mom who witnessed some alarming AP behavior in front of the kids (followed by months of issues, some of which I have posted here).
Thing is, we have only just over 2 months to go, and we have already matched with our next AP (so we cant find a rematch and just start a new 12 month period). Our LCC is supportive and trying to find solutions, but I wonder if anyone has experience with this?
We will be asking new AP if she can start early, but will likely have a gap no matter what. Do we just suck it up and find temporary solutions? Break our match with new AP and get someone that can start now and stay for a year (which does not feel right … new AP has done nothing wrong). Thoughts about dealing with the agency?
And, if there is a lesson in this … I will not wait so long to try to work it out. Next year, at the first sign of uncorrected red flags, we will rematch. And maybe drop out of the program. This is our first “official” AP, and needless to say, it has not gone well.