Family Fun: The Lyrics to Cookie Monster’s “Share It, Maybe”

by cv harquail on July 11, 2012

I love to annoy my family and friends with purposely wrong lyrics to (what I see as insanely dumb) hit songs.

For the last few months I’ve gotten some good mileage out of calling OneDirection “OneDimension”, but now I have something that will truly drive my kids crazy.

cookie monster.jpeg

Yes, I have gotten my hands on the lyrics to Cookie Monster’s new hit “Share It, Maybe”.

As my gift to you, your kids and your au pair, I am taking Cookie Monster’s advice.

I recommending singing this in an “outdoor voice”.

Me got a wish on me mind
It is a chocolate chip kind
Me look at you and me tell
You may have snickerdoodle

Me trade me soul for a bite
Me spell it out black and white
Me look at you and me see
You like an elf in a tree

You, cookie-showing

But you got cookie
So share it maybe

Cuppy-cake with frosting
It don’t phase me
But you got cookie
So share it maybe

You took you time with the bite
Me trying to stay polite
Me start to really freak out
Please someone call the girl scout

Me no grumble or grouse
?It’s taking toll on me house
Me going off me rocker

Before you came into me life
Me missed you so bad
Me missed you so bad
Me missed you so, so bad

Before you came into me life
Me missed you so bad
And you should know that
Me missed you so, so bad

It’s hard to look at
Your snack, baby
But you got cookie,
so share it maybe

Hey, me just met you
And this is crazy
But you got cookie
So share it maybe

Chocolate pudding
It no phase me
But you got cookie
So share it maybe

If you need to practice before going public with this, here’s the video:

needy aupairrrr July 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm

OMG!! best lyrics ever. Your Aupair is SOO lucky to have you as her host mum, this kindof things make the aupair’s life easier and happier and feel part of the family!! Great Idea!!

Au Pair July 13, 2012 at 4:53 am

Just to be clear, it is not that they have re-painted my room that bothers me. It is the fact that they have been in my room and moving around my things that I find wrong. For example, if they painted my bathroom that means that they have to take down my cabinet and in order to take it down you have to open it up because of the screws which means that they had to take all my things out of the cabinet…I do not know, but it feels like they do not respect my privacy.

NHM July 13, 2012 at 6:32 pm

They probably wanted to surprise you … my suggestion to you is to view it as a positive thing right now (there is nothing you can do about it anyway). Enjoy your new room and bathroom!

Seattle Mom July 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I personally would not do that, I don’t feel comfortable going into my au pair’s room without first telling her for any reason, unless it’s very important and urgent (like when she was on vacation and my husband needed to find her car keys so he could pick up our daughter from preschool). She has been with us for 7 months and I still haven’t even been in her room.

I agree that your host family should not have done that, but I can see how not everyone would agree. I’ve lived in apartments that I was renting where the landlady/landlord would come in unannounced to do things (painting, gardening, cleaning, fixing stuff, etc), involving moving my stuff around, and I didn’t like it but I knew it was part of the deal with renting a space. I think it’s the same kind of thing with host families- it’s not really cool, but as long as they aren’t deliberately messing with your stuff they are within their rights. Still, they could at least warn you ahead of time.

Since you truly love your family and are planning to extend, it sounds like this is the first time they have really offended you. You may be right to feel some anger, but I think forgiveness should be possible too. If I were in your position I would express my unhappiness but I would also try to see it from their side. I think I would say something like, “I wish you had told me ahead of time so I could have a chance to put away my personal things. I don’t like thinking about my personal things being handled when I’m not there. But thank you for painting the room, I’m sure it looks nice.”

I hope you find a happy resolution :)

Seattle Mom July 13, 2012 at 7:21 pm

That is great! I’ve seen the video circulating on facebook. I’m a little ashamed to admit that I have no idea what song this is riffing on. That’s how badly behind the times I am. If it came out post-2005 there’s not much chance I know it :).

Taking a Computer Lunch July 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm

We sort of did this to AP #1 – she took a 2-week vacation to her native country and we noticed that the dresser that we had purchased and put together from IKEA was trashed, so we took her clothes, did our best to fix it, and put them back in. She was a clothes horse, so we bought extra skirt and trouser racks, put her clothes on them, and hung them up in her closet. Only did it once, had the best of intentions, and she never said anything. Our kids took naps in her bed half the time, and her stuff was all over our house (not a problem – we’re not tidy at all), so it didn’t seem like a big deal. APs #2-7 have had a much more private space, and so it would have felt like an intrusion to enter their rooms (AP #3 did like to leave candles burning so we did enter her room), but in general, we save deep cleaning and painting for those few days in-between APs.