We interrupt our conversation to discuss the status of AuPairMom.
In case you were wondering, AuPairMom is not affiliated with any au pair agency. I, CV (aka mom@aupairmom), am not a host mom affiliated with or currently using any au pair agency.
I feel compelled to remind you of the independence of the blog, because a reader called to my attention that a conversation at another site was making false statements and claims about AuPairMom.
On another blog is posted:
“Most host families don’t know but CV (the woman who runs AuPairMom) is a host mom with Cultural Care and most host moms who blog on her site are also Cultural Care host moms. This is why you are seeing such hostility against this website … Most counselors and au pair reps in the industry know this connection to Cultural Care.”
This statement is misleading, and also completely false.
I have asked the person in charge of the other site to remove this statement and to post a correction. The correction should include:
- CV (the mom at AuPairMom) is not affiliated with any au pair agency.
- CV is not a host mom with Cultural Care. CV has never been with a host mom with Cultural Care.
- Cv has no business dealings with Cultural Care or with any other agency.
- AuPairMom is and has always been an independent blog.
- AuPairMom is not and has never been affiliated with Cultural Care.
I also asked the owner to correct the presumptions about you readers, and about other people’s assessments of the blog. To wit:
- There is no data to suggest that “most host moms” on AuPairMom are with Cultural Care.
(Since I, CV, have never conducted a survey of the readership’s agency use, I have no idea who is connected with which agency.)
- Without a formal and scientific survey of “most counselors and au pair reps in the industry”, no one can claim to “know” what these folks believe.
Readers, if you have any questions or concerns about AuPairMom’s independence, please contact me via email.
Thank you, readers. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.